Know a place?

We're genetically programmed to avoid places with bad water. So I dig up the dirt on the best and worst coffee around Cape Town and South Africa.
Been somewhere good? Got a new menu? Find DR on Facebook, leave a comment, and I'll don my hat and investigate.
Darkly Roasted on Facebook

Sort by Quality:

_★ (48) _★★ (44) _★★★ (42) _★★★★ (29) _★★★★★ (12) _☢ (35)

2012/03/23

Cucina Carolina, Strand, WC, ****

Cappuccino with crema (Danesi) R17
Superbly poured dessert of crema on a medium-light roast. Sweet overtones, mild chocolatey undertones, very good body for a medium roast.
An Italian/Dutch/French fusion menu, the best freshly squeezed juices (a bit pricey, but extra delicious and worth every rand), French macaroons and Italian tarts.
Stylish interior, friendly service, and a wonderfully accented hostess. If you're stranded in strand this is the place to land.

2 comments:

  1. I was that waitress. Now I left South Africa for Spain and still smile when I read your review!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best waitress ever! Thanks for the good times, and please come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete